You have two methods to choose from when topping up your Prolific account. You can top up via credit/debit card or bank transfer.
Ideally, you would use a debit or credit card to make the transfer because this is instant.
To use this option there are just a few steps you need to follow:
- Log in to Prolific and go to your account page (top right hand corner).
- Go to 'balances' > 'available balance' and select 'top-up'
- A pop up will appear
- Select the 'Credit Card' option at the top of this window.
- Enter the card number, CVV, expiration date, and the amount you wish to add to your Prolific account.
- Click 'Top Up'
- Your account will now be credited.
Please note: Prolific does not have access to your credit card information. We use Braintree, a subsidiary of Paypal, to securely handle the credit card information and transactions.
If you would prefer to top up via bank transfer, please read our article here.
Failed Top Ups
Sometimes your charges may get declined by your bank or credit card. Unfortunately, we normally don't have any further details so you will have to contact your card provider to find out why the charge was declined. If it's a large payment in a foreign currency it's likely it was blocked as an unusual charge. However, it's normally pretty straightforward to address these situations.
Please let us know if we can help in any way or if you'll need to arrange an alternative method of payment.