Our 'Custom Whitelist' prescreening feature can be utilised if you wish to include specific participants in your study, and you have already collected their Prolific ID's.
This feature can be helpful in a number of scenarios:
- You are running a multi-part/longitudinal study
- You wish to include only participants who completed the previous studies in a series.
- If you experienced issues with a previous study
- You may wish to give participants who were unable to complete the previous study an opportunity to take part in a duplicate study, once the issues have been resolved.
In order to action a whitelist:
- Click on the "Prescreening" tab.
- Scroll down to the "Custom Screener" section, and select "Custom Whitelist".
- Add the participant IDs of the participants you want to be able to take part in this follow up study.
ONLY these participants will be able to take part in this study. They will automatically be emailed with an invitation to take part.
To generate the "Whitelist", it is best to obtain the IDs from your Prolific data export rather than from your survey software. Prolific IDs recorded in your survey may contain typos, and invalid IDs will be rejected. Click here for instructions on how to download your data export.
Please note: If you want your participants to complete the study at a particular time, please make sure to specify this in your study description, including the times zone(s).